Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Just Keep Swimming...

I am really slacking on my blogging.  Believe me, I realize this.  It's not how I want to be, yet I am.  The word "helpless" comes to mind.  This made me look up "helpless" on the thesaurus.  It came up with words like: incapable (ouch), incompetent, vulnerable, debilitated, defenseless, dependent, feeble, forlorn, unable, unfit (double ouch), and weak.  Yep, that pretty much sums me up these past couple months.  I could easily throw myself into a deep depression and say poor me...which don't get me wrong...I've done a few times.  But I am trying to get up every day and find little things to be thankful for. 
My children are healthy, even if my house is a mess. 
My sheets are washed, even if you could write your name on my side table. haha
My parents are coming to see me, even though I can't be the hostess I want to be.
I made dinner 3 nights in a week, even though Bo had to clean up the dishes for us.
My house is warm, even if my heating oil bills are more like a house payment. 
Jesus is my strength, even when I have none left. 
He never leaves me, even when I don't have the energy to give him anything in return.

Isn't He good.  Isn't He powerful.  He's all the opposites of the word helpless.  He is capable.  He is competent.  He is my defense.  He is strong.  He is able.  Thank you Lord for being those things for me. 

Psalm 29:11
The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Isaiah 33:2
O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

I take great encouragment from these verses.  When I can't get up off the couch and feel like an unfit mother.  Or when I look around at the mess crashing down around me.  And when I'm so weak I can't carry the boys up the stairs, I have to believe that God will bring me through this.  There is blessing at the end of the trial.  Only 26 more weeks until this baby gets here.  I must press on.  Thank you for the prayers everybody.  I am so appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment