Friday, March 2, 2012

Pause

Isn't it amazing how we can be watching a movie and we are in need of a drink, so we just pause it so we can begin right where we left off when we get back.  I have been feeling that feeling all week.  I wish I could just pause life right now.  My little boys are getting older by the minute.  This is the last year in my twenties...waaaaaah!  And the unknowns in life are before me.  Deep breath!

So this week I am trying to enjoy the simple things.  Brody and I have played outside every day this week.  We have ran all over the farm.  Today we went to check our cow that has been "going to calve" (per Bo) all week.  Obviously birth is not that easy.  I told him they are like people.  Some women go longer than their due date and some before.  She's really not even due til tomorrow.  But what do I know.  ;) We filled up water tanks, checked on the goats, threw sticks for Bear...the list goes on.  Gage is usually with us, but today he happened to take an extra long nap.  So it was just me and Brody.  We don't get to do that too often anymore. 


Then there's my Gager (Brody's nickname for his bro).  He had his 9 month check-up today.  (sigh)  Where did the time go.  He brings such joy to our lives.  He's always smiling and giggling.  Although getting his two front teeth are quite a workout.  He keeps screaming because he is biting his fingers.  Poor little guy.  Every milestone he makes is a little victory in my heart.  It's still all too real sitting with him in the hospital for 5 weeks straight.  Our lives were forever changed from that...in a good way. 

So, here I sit.  Gage still sleeping, Brody watching Rio, Bo at work dreaming of the weekend :), and me using these spare few minutes to meditate on how thankful I am for now.  Of course life isn't perfect.  We all have our little issues that we deal with every day.  But at this moment I am going to take a minute to pause and let the feeling of thankfulness and greatfulness of life wash over me.  God, you are good. 

Ephesians 5:20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...

1 comment:

  1. I was awakened last night with the thought, "Why are you complaining when you have all the good gifts I have given you?" I find myself where you are today...revelling in thankfulness. We truly do have so much to feel blessed about.

    ReplyDelete