Monday, March 5, 2012

Delivered

We had our first calf of the year last week.  A little heifer calf...for those of you who are farm illiterate, that means girl calf.  haha.  She was just perfect.  Here she is with her mama.


Well, the next couple days we had some unwanted visitors.  A male and female coyote got news of her arrival and thought she might make a nice meal for them.  It happened to be Sunday morning while I was at church practicing, so Bo was home alone with the boys.  He had just put Gage down for a nap and looked out to see something moving around in the woods.  He realized what it was and went to go get his rifle.  Brody stayed inside and watched the action through his "minoculars."  :)  Let's just say Bo was blessed because he not only got one, but both of the coyotes. 

Here are the rascals.  Just a normal day at the farm.  And just another normal day for the life of a believer and especially a new believer.  Whether we are spritually mature or a brand new baby in Christ, the enemy loves to attack us.

It made me think of the verse about new believers drinking milk, "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation..."(I Peter 2:2).  I correlated that to the calf.  She obviously is only drinking her mama's milk.  She's just a new baby, and she is being attacked by these wild coyotes.  Just like a newborn calf is at it's weakest and most vulnerable point in life, a new believer is at their most vulnerable point in their walk with Christ, and therefore, is immediately targeted for attack.  Satan is immediately there trying to place doubts about God or their salvation in their minds, or unwanted thoughts and temptations in their hearts.

Thankfully, the Word gives us courses of action we can take: 
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7 Speak up to the devil in the name of Jesus. "Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." Jesus said, "I am with you [always]."

Then our protector, defender, conqueror, shield, deliverer will come to the rescue.  (Bo and his 30/30)  He is right there with us the whole time.  He can and will intervene in the midst of trial and helplessness.  Praise God!!!

Psalm 27:1-2 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell...

Psalm 18:1-7  How I love you, Lord! You are my defender.  The Lord is my protector; he is my strong fortress. My God is my protection, and with him I am safe. He protects me like a shield; he defends me and keeps me safe.  I call to the Lord, and he saves me from my enemies. Praise the Lord!  The danger of death was all around me; the waves of destruction rolled over me.  The danger of death was around me, and the grave set its trap for me.  In my trouble I called to the Lord; I called to my God for help. In his temple he heard my voice; he listened to my cry for help... 

P.S.  When someone you love comes to know the Lord, lift them up in prayer.  Pray with them, encourage them in their walk with the Lord.  Take them through a discipleship program. 

2 comments:

  1. seriously, you are fantastic. you need to save these and put them in a devotional and then sell them. you heard it here, first. ;)

    ~Risch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to totally disarm all those who might be ready to criticize the violence of killing those "poor cute coyotes!"

    ReplyDelete