Thursday, November 8, 2012

All In




No, I'm not in Vegas gambling all my money away. :) I figured you might think that by the name of the title. But I've actually got eggs on the brain. We buy our eggs from a friend that has chickens. I can hardly eat them from the store anymore. I know, I'm an egg snob. We have gone back and forth with the idea of getting our own chickens here. The thing is, my husband barely has any extra time on his hands as it is, and I'm pregnant and have to chase around two little boys. So, we are thinking that when Brody is mature enough to do it himself and have a little business, then he can take over the chickens.
Have you ever heard the expression, "don't put all your eggs in one basket?" My dad used to say that all the time about money. He meant don't put all your money in one place. If you invest all your money somewhere and it fails, you are completely broke. Diversify your assets! But I'm not talking about money today.
Someone recently told me that when we become followers of Jesus, ultimately we have put all our eggs in one basket. Isn't that something to think about. I have mulled it over and over in my brain. I can't stop thinking about it. I ask myself, "Have I put all my eggs in?" I think sometimes I try to withhold an egg from the Lord because I'm scared what He will do with it. Or I will even take back an egg that I have surrendered to Him. The thing is, He is the only One in my life with whom I can entrust all my eggs to. That's what I'm doing with my life, my relationships, my children, my finances, my worship, my eternity. I'm putting it all in. I know I'm gonna trip and break an egg, so I don't want the basket. I want Him to have it and all my eggs. I'M ALL IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment