Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Answered Prayer

Am I really the mother of 3 children?  I feel overwhelmed with gratitude that the Lord has blessed us with these three beautiful lives for the time being.  He is so good.

Arabella Faith (formerly Bella Faith) was born at 5:56 am on Friday, March 29th.  About 1 a.m. I had started feeling contractions about every 6 minutes.  I came downstairs to get some water and to change positions to see if this was really the real thing.  Around 2, they were 5 minutes apart, so I went and got Bo.  We called a family friend to come and stay with the boys through the night.  We got to the hospital about 3, and they were 4 minutes apart.  The Dr. was at home in Troy and so they didn't want to give me an epidural without his approval.  I was not happy with that, but continued to labor and wait.  He came in about 4 am and said it was okay for me to get an epidural, but the anesthesiologist was also at home and they had to call for him.  The nurse kept assuring me that women give birth naturally all the time and I would be fine.  I started to get worried because with the boys I had epidurals and the labor and delivery was wonderful.  Finally about 5 am I got the epidural.  The nurse checked me and said I was 10 centimeters.  Lucky me!  I got to labor the whole way without drugs...I'm still a little disgruntled about it. :)  So my whole body finally relaxed with the epidural.  I fell asleep for a bit because I wasn't feeling ready to push.  Finally I felt the need to push and after about 10 minutes my beautiful baby girl entered the world.  Lots of black hair and olive skin like her mama!


Her brothers loved her immediately and Brody promised to protect her and fight off anyone who tried to get close to her.  So that's taken care of. :)




Our family of 5!  I look a bit tired and my face is still has a lovely swollen look to it. :)



We changed her name the week before her birth.  A close friend of mine told me the name on the phone and I immediately loved it.  I was on my way home to tell Bo but I was sure he wouldn't like it because he's weird about names.  He said, "okay, that's it, she's Arabella."  And from then on that's what we called her.  The meaning of the name is extremely significant.  Arabella means, "answered prayer."  I can almost weep every time I think of the meaning.  She is truly an answer to our prayers.  I prayed for a daughter for a long time.  Answered prayer.  I had people praying for her to be full term.  Answered prayer.  I had one very close friend praying for 37 weeks specifically.  Answered prayer.  I had prayers for an easy delivery.  Answered prayer.  I had prayers for a healthy daughter because she had a two vessel cord.  Answered prayer.  This girl is God's special gift to me and I am so full of joy with His goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment