Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Under Attack!

At 4:00 yesterday evening, our 10 month old Gage, woke from his nap.  Earlier in the day he had a little runny nose, which I attributed to teething.  It was clear, there was a low-grade fever...all normal things.  I think as a mama you are constantly assessing the situation and praying you have it under control.  He woke up moaning and I went to get him.  He just laid his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes.  This is not normal behavior for Gage.  If you have seen him at all, the child doesn't sit still.  He is what we call a wallower.  So while I was enjoying the moment of him resting on me I could feel he was somewhat warm.  I took him downstairs and laid him on the floor to change his diaper.  His little arms and legs started turning blue and his face was beat red.  And he was acting like he couldn't breathe.  I immediately picked him up and started checking him.  Something was not right.  His eyes were closed and if he tried to open them they rolled back in his head.  We took him to Children's and they told us he had a 104 temp.  He had some kind of a virus that was causing the fever.  And Gage and fevers just don't mix.  A few months ago he was having seizures from fevers.  The child has never regulated his temp well.  It's been that way since the beginning when he came too early and was in that little isolate for 5 weeks. 

All that to say, I am feeling broken today.  It seems like this week the enemy is trying to gain a foothold.  I prayed and cried to God last night to bind the enemy and make him leave.  It has just been one thing after another.  I feel like I have been attacked personally, emotionally, spiritually, and now my family physically.  But it's nothing new.  He is always trying to find little ways to puncture our walls.  Maybe he can get something to give way and find a way in.  I ask for prayer from you all.  I'm just tired of fighting at this moment.  I need renewed strength. 

As I was praying this morning I was thinking of how horrible it is to see our children suffering.  And it just made me think how our Father sympathizes with us when we are suffering.  Jesus is praying on my behalf to the Father.  How comforting.  Jesus, the son of God, loves me that much to remember me and pray for me.  So I am holding on to this today...Psalm 27:1-2 The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of Whom shall I be afraid?  When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell...

Here are some other scriptures to help during attack.

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

Put on God's whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil. Ephesians 6: 11

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6: 12

You shall not fear them, for the Lord your God shall fight for you. Deuteronomy 3: 22

[And indeed] the Lord will certainly deliver and draw me to Himself from every assault of evil. He will preserve and bring me safe unto His heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen (so be it).
2 Timothy 4: 18
Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. ~ Luke 10:19

1 comment:

  1. We are praying against the enemy and for you and little Gage.

    ReplyDelete